We manufacture HIGH STRENGTH INTERLOCKING CONCRETE PAVERS “HINDUSTAN” & offer a revolutionary alternative to the conventional rigid concrete and flexible asphalt pavers. It adds a distinctive touch to any project in any climate.
ABOUT SEGMENTAL PAVING
Interlocking segmental paving is a cost effective, durable alternate method of paving as compared to rigid concrete paving or flexible asphalt paving.The applications are varied such as in ports, container terminals, industrial hard standing areas,bus / truck terminal, slow speed roads, residential / commercial drive ways, petrol filling stations, aircraft taxiways etc. Over the years, the product has become very popular and has been specified for various projects all over India.Interlocking pavers are available in a wide variety of shapes, patterns, strengths, sizes and colours.
ADVANTAGES OF SEGMENTAL PAVING
- Ease to access to underground services and the fact that the blocks can be reused to restore the pavement to its original profile.
- The laying technique is suited to unskilled labour provided they have adequate supervision.
- The product is available in a wide variety of shapes and colours.
- Concrete’ blocks have good durability and wearing resistance and are unaffected by oil and other toxic substances.
- Adequate skid resistance for vehicles and anti-slip element for pedestrian areas.
- Immediate use after laying and large life spans.
- Provides permanent road markings.
- Thermal movement minimized by large number of block interfaces and by load carrying capability under deflected conditions.
- The maintenance requirements are low.
- Service can be accessed or installed with relative ease by removal and replacement of pavers.
- Reinstatement of the pavement does not leave obvious patches.
COMPARISON OF CONCRETE BLOCK PAVING VIS ASPHALT AND RIGID CONCRETE
|ATTRIBUTE||SEGMENTAL PAVERS||ASPHALT||RIGID CONCRETE|
|Strength||Good compressive strength. Can be controlled as required.||Poor||Good|
|Resistance to weathering||Excellent; Absorbs temperature stresses||Very Poor||Good|
|Load transfer||Excellent ability to transfer load by arching action||Poor||Good|
|CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE|
|Speed of construction||Fast||Fast||Slow (requires curing)|
|Trenching and reinstatement||Readily excavated by hand methods||Requires use of jackhammers||Difficult and expensive to excavate and restore|
|Recycling||Easily accomplished without reprocessing||Materials need to be reprocessed||Expensive, materials require reprocessing|
|Appearance||Very good- color texture and patterns can be specified||Poor||Moderate- only limited control of color and texture|
|Resistance to heavy axle loads||Very Good||Good||Very Good|
|Concentrated wheel loads||Very Good||Poor||Very Good|
|Slewing loads||Good||Poor||Very Good|
|Fuel and oil skidding||Good; Satisfactory upto 60 km/hr||Poor; Satisfactory||Good; Good|
|Salvage value||High, easy recycled||Medium||Low|
- 60 to 65mm
For light, medium and heavy duty traffic.
Various colours as RED, YELLOW, GREY, MUSTARD
With this technology the pavers can be manufactured with a face mix for the top surface (5 to 8mm thick) and the base mix for the rest of the bottom. Thus a smooth top surface with or without colour can be manufactured. Aesthetically enhanced pavers at enormously reduced costs are thus made available to the discerning customers.